Best Robotic Hair Transplant in India
Hair follicles are taken from an occidental area of head and transplanted to the bald area. Although hair follicles can be taken from any part of the body and can be transplanted to any area of the body where it is required.
There are two methods to do this. One is called Strip Method/FUT robotic hair transplant. In this, a linear incision is given and a strip of skin is taken. The incision area is closed with sutures. There is some postoperative pain which is treated by analgesic tablets. The patient gets a linear scar on a donor. The advantage of robotic hair transplant method is we can transplant a large number of hairs in one sitting and hair follicle damage is negligible.
Another robotic hair transplant method is FUE technique. In this method, individual follicle unit is extracted, without giving any linear incision. Instead of one long linear incision, multiple small circular scars are present after extraction of follicles.
No suture is required to close small circular cuts. After surgery, there is a negligible pain. The recovery period is faster. In FUE robotic hair transplant, donor hair can be harvested from any other part of a body area. FUE can be done using the manual method, motorized method, SAFER method and by Robot-ARTAS method robotic hair transplant.
Advanced Robotics in Hair Transplantation
Robotic hair transplant has a number of advantages and often enhance and extend human capabilities. Their accuracy and repeatability may reach the sub-millimeter level. Automated S.A.F.E.R. (suction assisted follicle extraction to replant) is a very versatile Machine. The principle of this is follicles are cut by circular knife mounted on a motorized arm. The cut is given only up to sub-dermal level. Then this follicle is extracted by suction mechanism. These follicles are stored in a container for subsequent transplant. The second step is implantation of follicles. There is another arm which sucks and implant follicle in the bald area.
Advantages of SAFER Robotic Hair Transplant Machine are –
- Reduction of transaction of follicles
- Faster extraction of follicles as compared to other hair transplants by FUE technique.
- Implantation of follicles by another handpiece.
- During entire process follicles are not touched, so no manual micro damage to follicles.
Photo I Robotic Hair Transplant SAFER Automated Machine-
PHOTO II ARM FOR SUCTION EXTRACTION OF FOLLICLES–
- The contra-angle handpiece for harvesting grafts, used with the hair transplant by F.U.E. technique.
- Rotating punch (0.8, 1, 1, 1.2 mm)
- Adjustable rotation speed
- Precise cutting of the graft
- Harvesting of grafts by aspiration, which is very rapid, precise and trauma-free.
- Storage of the grafts in the micro flask
- The possibility of preparing the receiving area by a micro-punch, with the same motor.
PHOTO III ARM FOR IMPLANTATION OF FOLLICLES
- Selection of the grafts by aspiration and implantation by the pressure from the handpiece piston
- High implantation precision (adjustable parameters)
- Very rapid implantation without the “popping” effect
- No trauma to the grafts
- Possibility of two operators implanting at the same time (two hand pieces)
PHOTO IV DIGITAL PRESSURE DISPLAY TO MONITOR SPEED OF ROBOTIC MOTOR AND PRESSURE FOR EXTRACTION AND IMPLANTATION OF FOLLICLES
Mechanism of Working of SAFER
This picture is showing hair follicle, hair in relation to the skin.
How Safer Works to Reduce Transection of Follicles in Comparison to Conventional FUE Devices?
- Minimum depth of penetration of punch (punch penetrates up to superficial layer of dermis) avoids or at least lower the risk of transaction even if the angle of penetration is not perfect.
- Rotation and suction allows extracting the graft without any trauma.
- Evacuation of the graft to the storage chamber.
EXTRACTED FOLLICLES BY SAFER READY FOR IMPLANTATION
Frequently Asked Questions
– What is SAFER
The meaning of Robotic Hair Transplant SAFER is suction Assisted Follicle Extraction & Re-plantation. This is a patented device use for FUE hair transplant technique. It has two patented unique Robot arm. One is used for extraction of follicles and another Robot arm is used for implantation of follicles without touching the delicate follicles.
Digital panel controls the extraction vacuum and implantation pressure and RPM of the motor.
1. Are the final transplanted ‘results’ any different with hair transplant by FUE/SAFER than those achieved with the “strip” surgery?
Results are similar hair transplant by FUE procedures, by default, yield grafts that contain mainly one, two, three, or four follicles called “follicular units. “Strip” harvests, which are microscopically dissected by a team into grafts of one, two or three follicles, would also yield similar ‘follicular-unit’ grafts. Provided that in each case the grafts are implanted with care, artistry, and precision into the recipient area, the final transplanted results with FUE would be similar, if not identical, to those of an accomplished surgeon performing the “strip” harvest. The difference is not in the area of hair growth, but how the donor area is harvested either by a strip of the scalp or by small individual graft extractions.
2. What is the major cost differences between hair transplant by FUE and the “strip” Hair Transplant procedures?
As the cost of the machine is very high and disposables used in the procedures are expensive so cost is high as compared to strip hair transplant.
3. Who is a good candidate for hair transplant by FUE using SAFER?
The indication of SAFER is same as of hair transplant by FUE. Patients who would like the option of wearing a very short haircut in the back or sides of their scalp, or those who are afraid of the incision. The SAFER hair transplant by FUE System can also be used for ‘scar camouflage’ procedures for patients who have had prior linear harvests. Good for eyebrow reconstruction.
4. Any side effect or complication of Robotic Hair Transplant SAFER
There is no side effect of SAFER. Robotic Hair transplant is a very safe procedure and there is no side effect or complication as such. By SAFER robotic hair transplant is fast, and no incision is given, and recovery time is very short.