FUT Hair Transplant India
Follicular Unit Transplant or FUT, also known as strip technique. In this method we take a strip of skin usually 1 to 1.5 cm in width and 25 to 28 cm in length is taken from the donor area. This strip is then dissected under microscope to get individual follicles which are implanted on the donor area.
- FUT was the gold standard technique of Hair transplant few years back.
- Biggest advantage of FUT was Follicles were taken from the safe most zone of the donor area.
- But today patients scared of cut, also nobody wants a linear scar on the back of head and so this method of hair transplant in spite of having many advantages is becoming rare.
- When hair transplant is done by strip technique (FUT) then there is a linear scar on back side of scalp. Hair do not grow though scar. This seems to be the biggest drawback of strip technique of follicle harvesting.
- Tricophytic closure is a technique of closure (suturing) of surgically created wound in FUT. After this type of suturing, the hair grows through scar. Presence of hair in scar makes it less visible.
Trichophytic Closure 1
In trichophytic closure, edge of lower margin of wound is de-epithelised, and then suturing of wound is done. So de epithelised lower margin is covered by upper margin of wound. In de epithelised lower margin follicles starts growing hair. After healing of wound hair comes out through scar. Please note that scar becomes less visible does not means there is no scar at all.
At Rejuvenate centre all wounds are closed by trichophytic closure. No extra charges are taken for this.
Comparison Between FUT and FUE Hair Transplant
- In Hair Transplant by FUT you get a linear scar which is almost invisible (trichophytic closure) while there is no linear scar in FUE Hair Transplant. But multiple small circular scars are given after extraction of follicles using circular punch. If quality of Punch is good these circular scars are almost invisible.
- In Hair Transplant by FUE we can harvest body hair follicles while it is not possible in Hair Transplant by FUT. This is greatest advantage of Hair Transplant by FUE. Now a day it is very common to harvest follicles from beard and chest and we are getting good result even in grade VII patient by combination of FUT and FUE, or FUE and BHT.
- Hair Transplant by FUE is also a very good procedure for small number of follicles to be transplanted like for beard, moustaches, Cleft lip scar, burn scar and for successive stages of hair transplant.
- In Hair Transplant by FUT strip harvesting follicle dissection is done under direct vision using magnification so chances of follicle damage are very negligible. While Hair Transplant by FUE is blind technique of harvesting follicles It is the expertise of surgeon which determines the rate of follicle transection. At Rejuvenate Hair Transplant Centre Follicle transection rate is 2-4%
- Usually cost of Hair Transplant by FUE is much more then Hair Transplant by FUT because it involves more time and expensive disposables to be used in this technique. But at Rejuvenate Hair Transplant Centre we are charging same for both the techniques.
- Previously it was said that in Hair Transplant by FUT more number (more then 3000) of follicles can be harvested in one sitting while this may not be possible in Hair Transplant by FUE, But in recent time we can even harvest 5000 follicles by FUE from scalp ,beard and chest.