Rejuvenate hair transplant center Indore India gives detail instruction to all patients before going for FUT or FUE. Some of the important aspects in preparation for hair transplant surgery are given here. Always seek full information about the procedure from your Doctor.
- Inform your doctor of any known allergies, previous surgeries and other medications you are following.
- Blood pressure medicines, anti epileptic medicines, diabetes medicines are to be continued.If you are taking B Blocker (eg.propranolol) for hypertention,please inform us.
- Morning doses to be taken on the day of the surgery.
- We recommend taking vitamin c 1000mg, 3 times per day, since this may help with healing and also decrease the chance for bleeding during the procedure.
- Stop Aspirin, anticoagulants and hair growth medicines 10 days before the surgery.
- And stop Minoxidil like – Mintop, Rogain, and Tugain 10 days before surgery.
General Instructions –
- Smoking or use of tobacco in any form should be stopped 2 months before surgery.
- Alcohol intake should be stopped before 48 hours of surgery.
- If you are a body builder or do strenuous cardio exercises, please refrain from those activities for 3 days prior to surgery to decrease the risk of bleeding during and after hair transplant surgery.
- You can do light exercises, walking and stretching without restrictions.
- For FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) you can massage the donor area (scalp) at least 1 week before surgery for approximately 10 minutes or better 30 minutes per day. In order to soften the skin in this area, this will facilitate the removal of the strip and will reduce any tension that you may feel at the level of the scar after your surgery.
This massage will help you to increase the skin’s elasticity.
- For patients undergoing a FUT procedure keep 2-3 cm length in your hair prior to the surgery, this will ensure the stitches will be hidden post operatively
- For patients undergoing a FUE procedure please note in most cases the entire head must be shaved to a blade 0 on the day of the procedure.
- Do not wear T- shirts, pullovers on the day of hair transplant. Wear comfortable loose button or zip down shirt.
- Have light food before coming to the hospital.
- If you have any query before surgery please contact your doctor.
LAB Tests –
Lab tests are very important to be done before the hair transplant.
- Fasting blood sugar / Random Blood Sugar
- HbSAg ( Australian Antigen)
- SGOT/ SGPT
- Bleeding time / Clotting time
Other medical tests may be added as per your pre-existing conditions.