Hair is very important to a person. It is a universal symbol of beauty. In today’s era loss of hairs are the common problem affecting men and women. If your progressive hair loss is taken care then there are successful treatments. It is very important to understand hair loss is a progressive condition and hence patients need to take treatment.
The drugs are of great value in preventing future baldness and therefore in all young people with early hair loss, they are needed to be taken. Most young patients with early and moderate baldness need drugs, even after they do transplantation Otherwise, they will lose their existing hairs and need further sessions of transplantations.
Best Hair Loss Medical Treatment :
At rejuvenate hair transplant centre we give very effective, safe and economical medical treatment.
- RHR: Rejuvenate hair regime- It includes food supplements and life modification advice.
- PRP: Platelet Rich Plasma.
Rejuvenate Hair Regime Treatment
Our regime include following things to treat hair loss-
- Medicine to control androgenic hair loss.
- Medicine to promote hair growth or to prolong anaphase period of hair cycle
- The raw material for synthesis of hair- nutrients, micronutrients, vitamins, amino acids.
- Herbs to control inflammation of follicles which is the final pathological stage before hair loss- Natural products like Methi, Amla, Bhringraj, Haldi (curcumin), coconut etc.
Rejuvenate hair regime gives cyclical treatment this includes Minoxidil, Finasteride (for male), Food supplements Herbal and Ketoconazole.
- Multivitamin, antioxidants, micronutrients, and calcium.
- Vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acids.
- Amino acids.
- Finastride 1mg(Male)
- Minoxidil 2%, 3%, 5% (Twice a day).
- Ketoconazole shampoo (Twice a week).
US FDA approval of oral Finasteride and Minoxidil for hair loss treatment.
Minoxidil lotions 2, 3, 5, 7 It has to be applied daily twice over the affected area. This drug increases the duration of the hair follicle growth cycle. This improves the quality of the hair by increasing volume, length and miniaturized hair to adult hair.
Minoxidil is most effective for hairs if it is directly applied to affected area of the scalp. When using Minoxidil, it may take 6-12 months before any result seen.
Male pattern baldness or androgenic alopecia is caused by the effects of the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on genetically susceptible hair follicles. DHT is formed by the action of the enzyme 5 alpha reductase on testosterone. Finasteride 1mg/ day decrease serum DHT levels by almost 70%. Finasteride 1mg tables (Propecia) – one tablet daily for 3-4 years and is more effective over the vertex.
Role of Medical Treatment for Hair Loss
Medicines are control of hair loss and it also increases the thickness of hair, convert thin hair (villus) to adult hair (terminal hair). It grows new hair where hair follicles are not dead or inactive. Medical treatment is not effective for the bald area but it controls the ongoing hair loss.
Do these medical treatments have side effects?
Patients are most frequently asked questions; is a lot of misinformation of hyperbolically about the side effects. The Patients need to the understanding that:
- Any drug that has an effect will always have a side effect; there is no drug, which has no side effects.
- So the real question should be: are these side effects serious, are they permanent and are they treatable?
Minoxidil cause minor itching or headache otherwise is safe. Finasteride is currently the best drug for treating baldness. There is much exaggerated fear about its side effects of impotence and infertility. This has been researched in detail in several studies- and has been found that at the dosage at which it is given for baldness, which is 1 mg daily or 5 mg weekly, it has been found to be relatively safe.