For many people, changing hair color is a great way to challenge their look. For a great outfit, it needs a perfect hair color which mainly enhances your appearance.
But have you ever wonder how can a coloring damage your scalp. As long as you follow the hair dye, you are more prone to an allergic reaction which can lead to hair loss, thin hair, Hairstyling tools cause Hair loss or dandruff.
In many cases, it shows that people who use regular dyes get the desired look but it will reduce the quality of hair especially the permanent color.
As hair is mostly made up of keratin. And the natural color of hair depends on the ratio and quantities of two melanin pigments, eumelanin, and pheomelanin.
Eumelanin is the one which determines the darkness of hair, makes brown to black shades.
Hair Dye Chemicals
This common preservative is used in hair dyes and has been linked to cancer.
It is also known as PPD. And this is one of the most common chemicals used in hair color and it is also associated with health risk.
It is made up of coal tar including benzene, naphthalene, phenols and many other chemicals.
A recent study shows that people who dyed their hair twice a month they increase the risk to their health. These people may surprisingly fall into the risk of bladder cancer.
3. Hydrogen Peroxide
This chemical help to change the hair structure and make it brittle.
This is used to open up the hair’s cuticle (the outer layer of the hair) so the dyes can come into the shaft (the inside of the hair).
It may produce caustic burns and lung irritation.
5. DMDM Hydantoin
This preservative is restricted for use in Japanese cosmetics. It releases the toxic chemical slowly and may cause tissue irritation. This is also used in floor waxes, latex paints, cutting oils, adhesives, copying paper, polymers, and color photography.
This preservative is widely used in hair care products and can produce severe allergies and skin irritation.
7. Lead Acetate
Lead Acetate is used as a color additive for the dark shade hair dyes. It is said to cause anemia and produce neurological problems.
Resorcinol is a toxic dye that can cause scalp irritation and is an allergen affecting the endocrine system.
Can Hair Coloring Causes Hair Fall
As there is no strong evidence that hair coloring causes hair loss but it shows that permanent or frequently hair coloring will dry your scalp, create breakage and weaken the hair.
As it also seen that if you thoroughly conditioning your hair then it may prevent your hair from brittle and breaking.
So, the best way to prevent hair loss is by using the best natural coloring products.
Prevent Hair Coloring from Drying Hair
Today many hair colors are processed from chemicals. So there are some steps where you can prevent from the side effect of regular hair coloring.
1. Always use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
2. Apply a deep conditioning hair mask before and after coloring.
3. Use a leave-in conditioner before blow drying and be careful not to over-dry or over-brush your hair.
4. Consider supplements that include biotin and vitamin A.
Precautions While Dyeing Hair
In many types of research it is proven that hair dye really impacts on health as well on hair. So try to reduce the frequency of dyeing hair.
Many people didn’t read the label before purchasing the product. So always read a label and try to choose a product which is low in ammonia and hydrogen peroxide, and make sure you must follow the below precautions given.
– Always strictly follow the instructions outlined on the hair color product packaging.
– Perform a patch test 48 hours before the application, especially if you’re coloring your hair for the very first time or trying a new brand.
– Keep the color solution away from your eyes, and always wear protective gloves.
– Don’t leave the color solution on your hair longer than directed on the packaging.
– Don’t color your hair if your scalp is itchy.
– Never use hair color on your eyelashes or eyebrows. This can be very harmful to your eyes.