Yoga is a path towards the total harmony of body, mind, and spirit. The word Yoga comes from the Sanskrit word yuj. which means union. Union of the individual consciousness with the universal consciousness. Yoga is not merely a form of exercise for the body. It is an ancient wisdom – for a healthier, happier, and more peaceful way of living – which ultimately leads to union with the Self. It is an inherent desire in humans to be happy. The ancient sages, through inquiry about life, were able to reach a state of consciousness in which the secrets of healthier, happier, and meaningful living were revealed to them.
Benefits of Yoga :-
- Helps in releasing toxins from the body Channelizes energy flow.
- Regulates the digestive, endocrine, and circulatory systems.
- Corrects the posture and alignment of the body.
- Strengthens and revitalises the internal organs, leading to a healthy and youthful body.
- Helps to lose weight, cure asthma, diabetes, heart problems, and many chronic diseases.
Types of Yoga :-
- Anuloma Viloma :-
Sit with your eyes closed in the Padmasana pose and rest your hands on your knees. With your right thumb, close your right nostril and inhale as much oxygen as you can through the left nostril. Remove your thumb from the right nostril and exhale. Use your middle finger to close your left nostril while you exhale and then inhale with your right nostril and exhale. Do this with focus and concentration for about 5 minutes. “Anuloma Viloma helps in improving the working of the lungs and to cure depression and tension which is the ultimate cause of hair fall.
- Kapalbhati Pranayam
Sit with your spine straight, eyes closed in Padmasana. Now inhale deeply with both the nostrils and fill your lungs with air completely. Now exhale through both the nostrils forcefully such that you feel the pressure in your stomach. Repeat this for 5 minutes. It adds luster and beauty to the face, reduces stress from the eyes and helps in curing dark circles. It also combats the problem of blood circulation in the whole body and helps in hair growth.
This is a simple and easy-to-do yoga for hair growth, that can be done by almost anyone. When you perform this asana, blood circulation in the scalp increases, and it enables the hair follicles to grow. This asana also helps relieve bloated abs. Kneel down on the floor with your spine kept straight and heels together. Put your hands on your thighs, palms facing down. Relax and take deep breaths for 1 minute and then stretch your legs forward.
- Steps of Uttanasana : –
Uttanasana or “intense forward bending pose” is a mainstay in pretty much every style of yoga. It is used as a transition posture, a resting posture, and can even be made pretty active if you know how to engage the right muscles. This pose also has a plethora of variations, all with their own unique health benefits. Here are my top five favourite Uttanasana variations, and why you should give them a try.
- Take a standing position; keep your feet and shoulder distance apart and parallel to each other.
- Press your feet down in to the ground and ground yourself powerfully.
- Now breathe out and gently bend down from the hips (not the waist) and place your chest and stomach on your thighs.
- Triangle Pose of Yoga
When it comes to keeping our scalp healthy through yoga, trikonasana is considered as one of the most important poses. It not only expedites the process of hair growth, but also makes the hair strands smoother and glossier.
As we all know, yoga works wonders on our bodies. You’ll be surprised to know that it can change your hair from drab to gorgeous in a manner that even high-end salons cannot do. In addition to that, it improves digestion and reduces anxiety, which are major factors contributing to hair degeneration.
- First and foremost, yoga stimulates the scalp by increasing blood and oxygen flow in it. This rejuvenates the hair follicles and nourishes the dry limp hair.
- Yoga also reduces the stress that is one of the main causes of hair fall. The thyroid gland is also regulated. This gland plays a pivotal role when it comes to hair growth
- Yoga is a perfect workout to inculcate that much-needed lifestyle reversal. It will not only promote healthy habits but also help you combat the not-so-trivial problems such as hair fall.